We Service All Types Of Water Features
Springer Ponds is located in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill (NC) service area and is dedicated to providing our customers with the most comprehensive and logical pond maintenance services available, customized for your zone, here in North Carolina. From Pond Cleaning services, to maintenance plans and small to large Pond Repairs We have you covered.
This dedication to the service end of our business enables us to focus on what’s most important and make any educated improvements as needed. Thus allowing us to offer the most comprehensive and highest quality Pond Maintenance services that you will find in your area.
Simply put we love Ponds and Waterfalls and enjoy the opportunity to share our knowledge and expertise with you so that you may enjoy your Water Gardening lifestyle.
The goal is to maintain an ecologically balanced water garden / feature. Springer Ponds & Water Gardens will provide services to that end, monthly service calls will consist of a combination of the following (based on need and season):
- Clean skimmer box, intake bay or negative edge
- Clean skimmer filter mat (if applicable)
- Clean waterfall basin (if applicable), or wetland / bog (usually 1 to 2 times per year)
- Check pump for proper flow, remove any debris
- Check and adjust automatic water fill (if applicable), fill pond manually if low
- Trim and remove any dead plants and water lilies
- Remove debris in pond (scooping or hand removing as possible) and in rocks around pond
- Replace any gravel and rock (as needed) to hide exposed liner (with existing stones available)
- Apply water treatments as needed
- Installation of Aquascape’s Ion Gen™ (if applicable), (replacement probes will need to be provided at an additional expense)
- Verify lighting functions properly, clean accessible lenses (weather permitting), adjust lighting direction if need be
- Observe pond and fish, notice any changes or possible issues. Create a Service Record, which includes written recommendations, product replacement needs and aesthetic enhancement recommendations
All of the services provided on the monthly maintenance plan. The visit will take longer and potentially more than one maintenance person due to the build up of debris, algae and muck.
Vegetation can get out of control if not managed regularly.
Seasonal Services offered:
- Full Cleanout: Includes draining of pond, moving fish, power washing rock & boulders, repositioning stone as needed, refill pond, de-chlorinate water and introduce fish back into pond. Cleaning intake bay vault and snorkel in wetland.
- Spring Spruce up: Remove net from pond. Partial drain (if needed), clean algae from rocks, net debris from bottom, trim, remove, add or repot plants, clean filters, clean lights and verify operation, treat pond, re-fill.
- Fall Preparations: Partial drain (if needed), clean algae from rocks, net debris from bottom, trim, remove or repot plants, clean filters, clean lights and verify operation, treat pond, re-fill. Add net to pond.
Pond Algae & Water Clarity Issues
Are you struggling keeping string algae under control in your pond or worse yet cannot seem to get your pond water clear and healthy? Whether you have a large pond or small backyard fish pond…First things first… we suggest a Pond Profile as your first step. Maybe you are a very busy individual who travels often in your profession, or simply want your water feature professionally maintained so all you have to do is relax and enjoy your Pond, Fish and waterfalls. We often compare our pond maintenance services to having your Lawn professionally maintained.
Pond Algae, "The Good, Bad, & The Ugly "
While pond “string algae” is the sign of a healthy ecosystem, pond algae grows primarily when one or more of the ponds natural balance is out of whack. Pond string algae control traditionally involves chemicals and algaecides added to control natural pond algae. While this method of controlling algae is a solution & works well, missing one treatment or dosage can throw your pond balance off, and it may take several days and dosages to get back under control.
Spring Pond & Water feature Maintenance
Comprehensive Maintenance Programs For All Types Of Ponds & Water Features
We are dedicated to providing our customers with the most comprehensive and logical spring & summer pond & water feature maintenance services available in Youngsville, Wake Forest & Raleigh NC surrounding areas, including pond algae solutions & pond cleaning services. This dedication enables us to make educated improvements on our product line and pond installation and maintenance techniques thus allowing us to offer the most comprehensive and highest quality Pond Maintenance services that you will find in the North Carolina Area. Simply put we love Ponds and Waterfalls and enjoy the opportunity to share our knowledge and expertise with you so that you may enjoy your Water Gardening experience. We recommend you research the maintenance plan any company is proposing to you and ask for references the same as you would for the initial installation.
Fall Maintenance Prepares Your Pond For Winter
Pond Netting Services
Pond netting is sometimes needed when excessive leaves have the potential of making their way into the pond. If your pond is in the direct vicinity of large trees then you will want to consider netting your pond. In the Youngsville, Wake Forest, & Raleigh NC area this needs to be done before the first frost or usually sometime in October. Fall netting is an easy process, a net is stretched across the pond and anchored with rocks and/or pins. It is best not to have the net resting on the water surface since it will be difficult to remove with all the debris on it. Once all the leaves have fallen then the net is removed for the winter.
Pond Plants Pruning for Fall
In the Fall your pond plants are thriving from their summer growth. However, soon the winter freezes will cause all that beautiful lush foliage to turn brown and ugly. If left unattended to this foliage will die and fall into the pond causing excessive mess and eventual cleanup in the Spring. Therefore, we recommend pruning all pond plants to within 1 inch of the water surface. In the North Carolina Area this process should be performed after the first frost or sometime in November.